Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Keeping the Blog alive!

Acting should be fun........... right?  So why do we exhaust ourselves trying to get it right?
I constantly feel tired from trying instead of enjoying the journey and learning to love the process. Maybe it's because its drummed into out heads that we need to  be 'good' or 'right' or 'brilliant'. Maybe its because we as artists strive for perfection instead of realism.  Maybe its simply because we feel like we wont get anywhere if we are not ticking ALL the boxes?
Whatever it is I endeavour to start loving the process again.  Today I worked so hard at getting something 'right' I lost all passion for doing it!
I started working on my showreel scene today, I'm really excited about it, hopefully we will start shooting in a few weeks.   Anybody got any tips..........?
Actors please tell your friends about this blog concept. It will only work if we help each other!
Next entry will be a review of 127 hours and the fighter! promise ;) 

2 comments:

  1. Keep your showreel scenes short but sharp. No overpowering music...it's about your work. Have a collection of scenes showing a broad range and try have each snippet of scene no longer than a minute. And NO long impressive intro. Use that precious time to show you and get them in:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. want to make bloggs how do I sign up? OH! and can you change the font settings? ande make the words bigger? part of my acting training has left me blind and Im having trouble reading the bloggs.

    AWESOME

    ReplyDelete