Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

My first post....

Hi!
So I have decided to start this blog for many reasons.  Firstly because I felt that there were a million other struggling, lost actors out there who have no idea how to start, what to do or how to feel!  Well, I'm not saying I have any kind of answer, in fact I'm probably more lost than most of you..... but by documenting my journey whilst studying and trying to make a go of it I feel maybe I can be of comfort to others who are in the same boat, and hell, lets all help each other hey?! I also started it because I was feeling a little restless and thought the ever attentive void of cyber space would be an excellent way to speak my mind without being interrupted....

I am not completely starting from the bottom, I have been studying at the Actors Pulse - a very reputable school -  for a good many years. The school teaches the Meisner technique, which I love and really works for me, but its not for everyone.... ;)
So you know I'm not just going to rambling for awhile I guess I should start saying I do have goals and I am going to document my hopes, failures, crying fits, random observations, successes, words of wisdom and the occasional movie review.  
My current task is to get more scenes for my showreel.  One of the great things about my college is I have access to filming equipment and people who can guide me, I get to work with talented actors who are also my friends, it doesn't get better than that.  Why am I only doing this now i hear you ask, (and I can imagine you all frowning by now) - the answer is simply, I was focused on my studies, then I was focused on getting stuff for a reel, then I hated everything I did.  So now, for the next few months, I will pull in favours, I will worl my ass off, and I will get something to be proud of, something I won't let myself judge too harshly!
Well, I'm surprised you made it this far, I do have a tendency to bang on a bit too long!
I promise next time I'll tell a joke ;)   

1 comment: