Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2012

You just never know. So do it.

So I got disillusioned with my blog because I thought no-one read it.  I thought, 'there are so many actors (and other people) out there with the same problems' - why would they want to read about their life in my blog.  Well, in this thing to pass the time we do called life I am constantly not only being proved wrong by peoples enthusiasm and passion, but I'm always inspired to do better because other people are bettering themselves.
Confused yet?  Intrigued?
After I had thrown in the blog idea due to self preservation and ego damage, I had three separate people tell me that they always read my blog and that 'why hadn't I written anything for ages?'.
Didn't have anything to say to that did I?!  Except thanks and mumble excuses about being so busy and not a second to spare - unfortunately the mumbling was directly after I had confessed to not being in any shows at the moment.  Excellent timing!
I also had an offer from a good friend of mine to do some writing for her based on my blog - which she didn't know was mine until about half way through when she looked at the photo. 
So my long winded rambling new shiny blog post DOES have a point!
No matter what you do, no matter how insignificant you think it is.  If you keep doing it, if you love doing it.  Someone, somewhere will appreciate you for it.  And somewhere there will be someone who is inspired or moved or smiling.
If we want to be actors, (or better people, or public spokespeople or politicians or lawyers or whoever we aspire to be)  If we don't start thinking that what we do NOW makes a difference, what will we think when more people know of us, or need us, or love us?
What you do counts (whether it be positive or negative - remember that!) so make it count, do it because you love it, not because you need praise or recognition.
A bientot !
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment