Search This Blog

Sunday, April 8, 2012

God it's just been too long!

Hello
I'm not used to this blogging thing yet.  I keep forgetting that someone somewhere may want something to read.  So instead I think to myself 'I'll write that later'.  Then I forget, or something else needs doing, or I am waiting for someone to get back to me with the thing I want to blog about.....
Which brings me to the current point I want to talk about.  I seem to have spent this year waiting for other people to get their act together so I can get mine.  WHY.  Why did I do that? I know from years of experience that if you want something done (whether it be properly or not) YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF.  Or at least organise everyone else yourself.  It is so pointless and tedious waiting around for an answer, or a 'yes' or whatever you need from someone else to do something YOU should do.  The person responsible for the NIKE ad 'Just Do It' was really on the money with that one.
Anyone trying to be an actor -or a writer or dancer or anything involved in the arts - needs to remember every day that in this modern era of selfishness and 'I'm too busy' you have to create your own opportunities.  You cant wait for the phone to ring, you cant wait to be discovered in the park reading your monologue book, you also cant become bitter about not succeeding when you have done nothing to put yourself on the radar.
Recently I was so disappointed in myself for not having achieved my goals for the year yet.  Then I sat back and realised I had put all the pressure of MY success on SOMEONE ELSE.  Just make that phone call, just film that scene, just make that decision.  Really - just do it - yourself.
Until next time - unless I cant find anyone to write my Blog for me.... ;)

1 comment: